Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hearing

Not spoken with mum for ages. She's got an ear infection and has basically been deaf for the last 3-4 weeks. First heard about it when Liz received a phone call which went something like this: "Hello, this is David's mother. I've got an ear infection so I can't hear what you're saying but this is just to say that I'm alright. Bye." And since then total silence. It's frustrating not being able to ring her so we've written a couple of letters. Andrew's been down to check she's OK and arrange an appointment with the doctor. And in the first two weeks he had mum phone him every evening just to say "I'm fine". She's taken the antibiotics so it should be getting better, but at 82 and hard-of-hearing anyway, I wonder how 'back to normal' it will be. This is one of the frustrating things about being overseas. Powerless to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment