Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Gym

I try to get to the gym every morning, before breakfast, just for 25-30 mins. It's actually in the building so not as heroic as it might sound, and I still struggle to get up at 6.30am. But it sets me up for the day: 15 mins on the treadmill, 5 mins neck exercises and 5 mins sit-ups. It's my time for planning the day ahead and gets me in a positive mood. It's also a good opportunity to listen to music, mainly rhythmic stuff like Underworld and Speedy J; Oblivion with Bells and G Spot are current faves.

One day I should try to run round Lumphini Park but getting there puts me off. It's an awkward 500m or so along broken pavements, alongside fumey traffic and then across a busy intersection. Once there, it would probably be OK and I might even enjoy it. Marc, a French guy who until recently lived in the apartment below ours, ran there every morning. But he was super-serious, did triathlons and the like. I remember once he hurt his ankle and had to miss out on his morning sessions for a while. He missed it so much that he'd take an alternative route to work just so he could avoid seeing the other joggers. I'm not that keen.

No comments:

Post a Comment