Saturday, January 9, 2016

Spring-clean

One of the downsides of moving from country to country is the accumulation of stuff. I happen to love stuff, and it pains me when, every now & again, we have to check stuff out. Particularly books. Today we had a bit of a spring-clean and I went through our library. It was so hard. The main target this time was Chinese titles. Over our four years there I'd been given lots of big, heavy catalogues from obscure museums in Wuhan, Shanghai, Chongqing, Nanjing, Guangzhou etc. Somehow they made it over to Mexico, but really, do I need them?  So of course I start flicking through them - and they're all great. I could quite happily spend the rest of the month reading them all from cover to cover. But I can't, so out some of them go, together with dictionaries, anthologies and other heavy tomes of reference. It's a drop in the ocean, but at least a step in the right direction. The next concern is the record collection...

No comments:

Post a Comment